1.09.2011

I'm new here.

Hi. This would be the moment where I awkwardly glance at the ground, sheepishly shuffle my foot, then look up at you with a smile and extend my hand to greet you. Nice to meet you! I'm new here.

I have no lofty goals. I'm just a writer-type who has decided that while it's nice to write for others, it's pretty great to write for yourself. So I guess you could call me a bit selfish. But as a New Year's resolution, I've decided it's OK for me to do things for myself sometimes. Sounds simple, but it can be a tough exercise as a new mama. Well, this mama.

This post initially had explanations of how I tried to keep a blog in the past but didn't succeed because of this, that and the other. Good thing I'm also an editor-type. In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, I'm going to avoid the coulda-shoulda-wouldas. (At least right now.)

Over the next year, I plan to blog about the joys (and, let's face it, challenges) of being a mama who also happens to be a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a runner, a triathlete, a writer and, in general, a complex gal with a lot going on.

For me, "you go, mama," can be a victory cheer, a mantra when the going gets tough or a starting-line chant to get moving. It just depends on the day.

On your mark, get set ...

© 2011 GUF